Curfew continues in Srinagar district
Srinagar: Curfew continued in Srinagar district for the second consecutive day on Friday following the death of a youth in alleged firing by CRPF personnel here on Wednesday.
Police and paramilitary personnel have been deployed in large numbers across the city to ensure that there are no attempts to violate prohibitory orders, police said.
Police vehicles fitted with public address systems made appeals to residents not to venture out of their homes in view of the curfew.
Barbed wires have been laid at all exit points in the interiors of the city and civil lines area.
Curfew was imposed on Wednesday night after a 22-year-old youth was killed when CRPF personnel allegedly opened fire after coming under attack by a group of stone pelters in Zoonimar area.
The vehicle of CRPF personnel was on its way to SKIMS Hospital, where the victims of Bemina terror attack were admitted, when it came under attack.
The CRPF personnel were heading towards SKIMS Hospital to donate blood for their colleagues injured in the terror attack.
Two militants and five CRPF jawans were killed in the suicide attack on their camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up