Curfew enforced in parts of Srinagar
Srinagar: A fresh round of curfew was enforced on Sunday in parts of Srinagar city, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, following fresh sectarian tension on Saturday.
"Curfew has been imposed in Zadibal and Nowhatta police station areas and Urdu Bazaar police post area as a precautionary measure," a police spokesman said.
He said the curfew was in place to prevent further clashes and any possible loss of life or property.
Authorities had on Wednesday enforced a curfew in nine police station areas of the city following sectarian clashes in Hawal area, falling under Zadibal police station.
Though the earlier three-day long restriction was lifted yesterday, it was again imposed in Hawal and adjoining areas after fresh clashes broke out in the area.
So far, there are no reports of any violence in the curfew-bound areas while rest of the city remained peaceful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday