Curfew imposed across Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Authorities tonight imposed curfew
across Kashmir Valley to foil the proposed march to Hyderpora
called by hard line faction of Hurriyat Conference tomorrow,
officials said here.
"Curfew has been imposed across Srinagar district,"
District Magistrate Srinagar Mehraj Ahmad Kakroo said.
Police vehicles, fitted with public address system,
announced imposition of curfew and asked people not to violate
Anyone violating the curfew will be dealt with strictly,
the police warned.
A police spokesman said the authorities have decided to
impose Valley-wide strict curfew restrictions tomorrow
following `Hyderpora Chalo` call given by separatists.
However, security forces have been asked to allow those
students appearing in the Board examinations and the concerned
staff with the examinations on production of their admit cards
and identity cards, the spokesman said.
Underground separatist leader Masrat Alam has called a
march to Hyderpora residence of chairman of hardline Hurriyat
faction Syed Ali Shah Geelani who has been under house arrest
for nearly one month now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi