Curfew in J&K town after injured woman dies
Srinagar: Curfew was clamped in Jammu and Kashmir`s Badgam town on Saturday in addition to more than two dozen villages after a woman, injured during sectarian clashes on July 23, died.
Fatima, 55, of Dadina village in Badgam district was admitted to Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS), Soura in Srinagar with critical head injuries July 23.
Family and relatives of the woman claimed police had beaten her without any provocation when she was standing with other village women.
After news of her death spread in the already tense areas where curfew had been imposed for the last four days in the wake of sectarian clashes, authorities decided to clamp curfew in the district headquarters of Badgam as well.
"Restrictions have been imposed in Badgam town as a precautionary measure while the situation is fast returning to normal in the district", a senior police officer said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report