Curfew in Kashmir village after clashes
Srinagar: Curfew has been imposed in a Kashmir village after one person was killed in clashes between two groups over the use of a mosque loudspeaker on Monday night.
Shabir Ahmad Bhat, 20, was killed and two people were injured when followers of two different schools of Islamic thought clashed in Sindhbal village of Ganderbal district, 22 km from here.
"Curfew has been clamped in Sindhbal to maintain law and order. The situation is peaceful now", said a senior police officer.
Reports from the village said a simmering tension between followers of two schools of Islamic thought erupted when followers of the two groups clashed with each other.
Shabir Ahmad Bhat was badly injured in the clashes and died in the hospital. The condition of the other injured youth is stable, said doctors.
Police have registered a case after the clashes.
Senior civil and police officers also visited the village and assured of action against those responsible for Shabir`s death.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah