Curfew in parts of Srinagar for sixth day
Srinagar: Parts of Srinagar city, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, remained under curfew for the sixth consecutive day on Monday as a precautionary measure in view of sectarian tension.
"Curfew will continue in Zadibal and Nowhatta police station areas and Urdu Bazaar police post area as a precautionary measure," a police spokesman said.
He said the decision to continue curfew has been taken to prevent clashes and any possible loss of life or property.
Authorities had on Wednesday imposed curfew in nine police station areas of the city following sectarian clashes in Hawal area under Zadibal police station.
Curfew was lifted Saturday but restrictions were again imposed in Hawal and adjoining areas after fresh clashes.
There was no report of violence till noon in the curfew-bound areas while rest of the city remained peaceful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM