Curfew lifted from many parts of Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Curfew was on Saturday lifted from many parts of Kashmir Valley while authorities announced relaxation in Srinagar city, where curbs had been reimposed in
the wee hours following incidents of stone pelting, and areas of Kupwara district.
Curfew has been lifted from Anantnag, Pulwama, Kulgam, Shopian and Awantipora towns in South Kashmir and Handwara town in north Kashmir, a police spokesman said.
While curfew has been lifted from Budgam district in central Kashmir, restrictions under section 144 CrPC, which prohibits assembly of four or more persons, continue to
remain in place in the district, he said.
The spokesman said curfew has been eased from South, East and West Zones of the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir from 11.00 am to 3.00 pm while it will be relaxed from 1.00 pm to 5.00 pm in North and Hazratbal zones of the city.
The spokesman said there were no reports of any major incident from any part of the Valley so far.
Although authorities had lifted curfew from Srinagar city yesterday, the curbs were re-imposed in the wee hours today following some stone pelting incidents at Habba Kadal
and Solina area of the city.
The spokesman said curfew restrictions in Kralpora and Trehgam areas of Kupwara in north Kashmir have been relaxed from 10:30 am to 2 pm, while in Kupwara town from 12 pm to 2 pm.
Curfew has been relaxed in Sopore town of north Kashmir`s Baramulla district also in a phased manner, he added.
A youth was injured in Sopore town last night when a security forces hurled tear smoke shells and fired in air to disperse a stone pelting mob in Maharajpora area of the
north Kashmir town, the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has issued a fresh 10-day protest calendar calling for strikes and protests from September 27 to October 6, exempting September 29, October 1 and October 4.
Curfew was imposed in Srinagar city on September 12 and was extended to the entire Kashmir Valley next day following widespread violence.
Kashmir Valley has been in grip of violent protests since June 11 when a teenager was killed after he was hit by a tear smoke shell during clashes at Rajouri Kadal in interior
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested