Curfew lifted from Pulwama, fresh clashes erupt
Srinagar: Two persons were injured as fresh clashes erupted between protesters and police soon after the curfew was lifted on Tuesday from Pulwana town in south Kashmir after four days.
A group of youths pelted stones at security personnel who chased them, officials said adding two youths were injured in skirmishes between the protesters and police.
The situation in the town was tense but under control, they said.
Earlier, authorities lifted the curfew, clamped on the town on Friday, following improvement in the law and order situation.
Curfew was imposed following massive protests against firing allegedly by security forces that resulted in injuries to seven civilians.
The state government has ordered a Magisterial probe into the incident.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi