Curfew lifted from Pulwama, fresh clashes erupt
Srinagar: Two persons were injured as fresh clashes erupted between protesters and police soon after the curfew was lifted on Tuesday from Pulwana town in south Kashmir after four days.
A group of youths pelted stones at security personnel who chased them, officials said adding two youths were injured in skirmishes between the protesters and police.
The situation in the town was tense but under control, they said.
Earlier, authorities lifted the curfew, clamped on the town on Friday, following improvement in the law and order situation.
Curfew was imposed following massive protests against firing allegedly by security forces that resulted in injuries to seven civilians.
The state government has ordered a Magisterial probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand