Curfew lifted, life returns to normal in Srinagar
Srinagar: Life in the city on Saturday returned
to normal after authorities lifted curfew that was imposed in
several parts of the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir to
maintain law and order in view of Muharram processions.
Traffic was back on the roads and all business
establishments were open.
Authorities had yesterday imposed curfew in areas
falling under the jurisdiction of seven police station areas
in the city to maintain law and order in view of the
An official spokesman said Shia Muslims held mourning
processions in various districts of Kashmir Valley except in
Abi Guzar locality in central Srinagar where authorities
had imposed curfew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert