Curfew lifted, life returns to normal in Srinagar
Srinagar: Life in the city on Saturday returned
to normal after authorities lifted curfew that was imposed in
several parts of the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir to
maintain law and order in view of Muharram processions.
Traffic was back on the roads and all business
establishments were open.
Authorities had yesterday imposed curfew in areas
falling under the jurisdiction of seven police station areas
in the city to maintain law and order in view of the
An official spokesman said Shia Muslims held mourning
processions in various districts of Kashmir Valley except in
Abi Guzar locality in central Srinagar where authorities
had imposed curfew.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on