Curfew relaxed for brief period in Kishtwar
Kishtwar: After eight days, curfew was on Saturday relaxed for one-and-a-half hours in selected areas of communal violence-hit Kishtwar district in Jammu region in view of improvement in situation.
"Curfew in selected areas of Kishtwar town has been relaxed for an hour and a half from 1 PM today," District Magistrate, Kishtwar, Baseer Khan said.
"There was no report of any untoward incident from anywhere in the district in the past 24 hours. The situation is limping back to normal and in view of this improvement, we have decided to relax the curfew," Khan said.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami yesterday reviewed overall security situation at the IB alongwith senior officers of Jammu frontier and representatives from the MHA.
Curfew was imposed in Kishtwar on August 9 after communal clashes in which three persons were killed and over 20 were injured.
On August 10, authorities imposed curfew in Jammu and Rajouri after incidents of violence. The following day it was imposed in Reasi, Udhampur, Samba, parts of Doda and Kathua.
Curfew was lifted from seven districts on August 15 after situation there improved. A total of 141 people so far have been taken into custody in connection with violence in Kishtwar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed