Curfew relaxed in Jammu, continues in Kishtwar
Jammu: Curfew was relaxed in Jammu town after four days from 4 pm to 6 pm Tuesday, though the restrictions were still on in Kishtwar, an official said.
Curfew was also relaxed in Kathua, Samba, Reasi, Udhampur and some other areas. The official said extension of curfew relaxation would depend on improvement in the situation.
Curfew was imposed in Kishtwar and other districts on Eid-ul-Fitr Friday when communal clashes claimed three lives. The army was Saturday called out to assist the civilian administration, and it staged flag marches in Kishtwar town to instil confidence among the people.
The military remained deployed in curfew-bound Kishtwar and seven other districts of Jammu region, namely Rajouri, Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Reasi, Udhampur and Doda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter