Curfew relaxed in Jammu, continues in Kishtwar
Jammu: Curfew was relaxed in Jammu town after four days from 4 pm to 6 pm Tuesday, though the restrictions were still on in Kishtwar, an official said.
Curfew was also relaxed in Kathua, Samba, Reasi, Udhampur and some other areas. The official said extension of curfew relaxation would depend on improvement in the situation.
Curfew was imposed in Kishtwar and other districts on Eid-ul-Fitr Friday when communal clashes claimed three lives. The army was Saturday called out to assist the civilian administration, and it staged flag marches in Kishtwar town to instil confidence among the people.
The military remained deployed in curfew-bound Kishtwar and seven other districts of Jammu region, namely Rajouri, Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Reasi, Udhampur and Doda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing