Curfew relaxed in Jammu, continues in Kishtwar
Jammu: Curfew was relaxed in Jammu town after four days from 4 pm to 6 pm Tuesday, though the restrictions were still on in Kishtwar, an official said.
Curfew was also relaxed in Kathua, Samba, Reasi, Udhampur and some other areas. The official said extension of curfew relaxation would depend on improvement in the situation.
Curfew was imposed in Kishtwar and other districts on Eid-ul-Fitr Friday when communal clashes claimed three lives. The army was Saturday called out to assist the civilian administration, and it staged flag marches in Kishtwar town to instil confidence among the people.
The military remained deployed in curfew-bound Kishtwar and seven other districts of Jammu region, namely Rajouri, Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Reasi, Udhampur and Doda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report