Curfew relaxed in Jammu, continues in Kishtwar
Jammu: Curfew was relaxed in Jammu town after four days from 4 pm to 6 pm Tuesday, though the restrictions were still on in Kishtwar, an official said.
Curfew was also relaxed in Kathua, Samba, Reasi, Udhampur and some other areas. The official said extension of curfew relaxation would depend on improvement in the situation.
Curfew was imposed in Kishtwar and other districts on Eid-ul-Fitr Friday when communal clashes claimed three lives. The army was Saturday called out to assist the civilian administration, and it staged flag marches in Kishtwar town to instil confidence among the people.
The military remained deployed in curfew-bound Kishtwar and seven other districts of Jammu region, namely Rajouri, Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Reasi, Udhampur and Doda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi