Curfew relaxed in Srinagar
Srinagar: Curfew was relaxed in Srinagar
city this morning though restrictions remained in force in
Ganderbal district in central Kashmir, police said.
"Curfew was relaxed in south, west and east zones of
Srinagar city from 8.00 am to 10.00 am, but the relaxation was
later extended till further orders," a police spokesman said.
He said law and order situation in these areas was
However, there was no relaxation in north and Hazratbal
zones of the city, the spokesman said.
Curfew has also not been relaxed in Ganderbal district in
central Kashmir, he added.
Curfew was imposed in Srinagar city on September 12 and
was extended to the entire Kashmir Valley next day following
Kashmir Valley has been in grip of violent protests
since June 11 when a 17-year-old boy was killed after he was
hit by a tear smoke shell during clashes at Rajouri Kadal in
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court