Curfew relaxed in Srinagar
Srinagar: Curfew was relaxed in Srinagar
city this morning though restrictions remained in force in
Ganderbal district in central Kashmir, police said.
"Curfew was relaxed in south, west and east zones of
Srinagar city from 8.00 am to 10.00 am, but the relaxation was
later extended till further orders," a police spokesman said.
He said law and order situation in these areas was
However, there was no relaxation in north and Hazratbal
zones of the city, the spokesman said.
Curfew has also not been relaxed in Ganderbal district in
central Kashmir, he added.
Curfew was imposed in Srinagar city on September 12 and
was extended to the entire Kashmir Valley next day following
Kashmir Valley has been in grip of violent protests
since June 11 when a 17-year-old boy was killed after he was
hit by a tear smoke shell during clashes at Rajouri Kadal in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren