Curfew relaxed in Srinagar
Srinagar: Curfew was relaxed in Srinagar
city this morning though restrictions remained in force in
Ganderbal district in central Kashmir, police said.
"Curfew was relaxed in south, west and east zones of
Srinagar city from 8.00 am to 10.00 am, but the relaxation was
later extended till further orders," a police spokesman said.
He said law and order situation in these areas was
However, there was no relaxation in north and Hazratbal
zones of the city, the spokesman said.
Curfew has also not been relaxed in Ganderbal district in
central Kashmir, he added.
Curfew was imposed in Srinagar city on September 12 and
was extended to the entire Kashmir Valley next day following
Kashmir Valley has been in grip of violent protests
since June 11 when a 17-year-old boy was killed after he was
hit by a tear smoke shell during clashes at Rajouri Kadal in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened