Curfew restrictions eased in many parts of Kashmir
Srinagar: Authorities Saturday lifted
curfew from parts of Srinagar city from noon onwards besides
easing the restrictions in some other parts of the Valley
after the law and order situation by and large remained
"Curfew has been lifted from parts of Srinagar city
from 12.00 noon till further orders," District Magistrate
Srinagar Mehraj Ahmad Kakroo said.
A police spokesman said curfew has been eased from
south, east and west zones of the summer capital of Jammu and
Kashmir while a decision on relaxing the restrictions in north
and Hazratbal zones will be taken later.
Authorities have also relaxed curfew restrictions at
few places in North Kashmir. The restrictions were relaxed
in Kupwara town from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm, in Trehgam and
Kralpora from 10.30 am onwards, while in Handwara, Kulangam
and Chotipora, curfew has been relaxed from 10.00 am onwards,
the spokesman said.
Hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani, who is
spearheading the ongoing agitation in the Valley, had
yesterday withdrawn his call for protests and strikes till
Geelani, while modifying his agitation schedule,
announced that the future programmes will take the forthcoming
annual school examinations into account.
Police said all schools across the Valley will remain
open from Monday, despite restrictions. Schools buses carrying
teaching and non-teaching staff will be allowed to move on the
"Identity cards of staff will be treated as curfew
passes. Parents can also accompany their wards," the spokesman
He said instructions in this regard have also been
issued to all District Superintendents of Police for
facilitating the smooth movement of students and the school
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step