Curfew to be clamped in Srinagar tomorrow
Srinagar: Curfew will be claimped in
certain areas of Srinagar tomorrow as a precautionary measure
to thwart the plans of hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference
to march towards Pattan town in Baramulla district.
"Authorities have decided to impose curfew in the
jurisdictions of Parimpora, Safakadal, M R Gunj, Nowhatta,
Rainawari and Khanyar police stations in Srinagar city
tomorrow," a police spokesman said.
Although no reasons have been specified for the
imposition of curfew, it has now become an established
practice to impose curfew when the Syed Ali Shah Geelani-led
Hurriyat calls for marches or rallies in order to prevent
loss of life and property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- US-backed Syria rebels unleash offensive against IS capital
- New `Phobia` poster will blow your mind!
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!
- Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 1: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions - As it happened...