Cylinder blast causes fire in school building
Srinagar: Army personnel on Thursday prevented a
major tragedy by putting out a fire in a school building in
Bandipora district of north Kashmir.
A fire broke out in Government Middle School at village
Aragam, 55 kms from here, at 10 am when a gas cylinder
exploded while the mid-day meal for students was being
prepared, a defence spokesman said.
He said troops of 14 Rashtriya Rifles stationed nearby
immediately rushed to the site and brought the fire under
control with helps of fire tenders and water trucks.
The swift action by the Army personnel prevented any loss
of life, the spokesman said and assured humanitarian aid to
the affected school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat