Cylinder blast causes fire in school building
Srinagar: Army personnel on Thursday prevented a
major tragedy by putting out a fire in a school building in
Bandipora district of north Kashmir.
A fire broke out in Government Middle School at village
Aragam, 55 kms from here, at 10 am when a gas cylinder
exploded while the mid-day meal for students was being
prepared, a defence spokesman said.
He said troops of 14 Rashtriya Rifles stationed nearby
immediately rushed to the site and brought the fire under
control with helps of fire tenders and water trucks.
The swift action by the Army personnel prevented any loss
of life, the spokesman said and assured humanitarian aid to
the affected school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in