Cylinder blast causes fire in school building
Srinagar: Army personnel on Thursday prevented a
major tragedy by putting out a fire in a school building in
Bandipora district of north Kashmir.
A fire broke out in Government Middle School at village
Aragam, 55 kms from here, at 10 am when a gas cylinder
exploded while the mid-day meal for students was being
prepared, a defence spokesman said.
He said troops of 14 Rashtriya Rifles stationed nearby
immediately rushed to the site and brought the fire under
control with helps of fire tenders and water trucks.
The swift action by the Army personnel prevented any loss
of life, the spokesman said and assured humanitarian aid to
the affected school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read