Dal Lake freezes in sub-zero Kashmir
Srinagar: The Dal Lake was frozen at many palaces and some shikaras (boats) were stuck in the frost Thursday as the maximum temperature in the Kashmir Valley has been below freezing point for last the four days.
The water taps and various water bodies have been frozen and people have to light small fires to defreeze them.
On Thursday morning, the minimum temperature recorded in Srinagar was minus 3.8 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature in Pahalgam was minus 12.1 degrees, Gulmarg recorded minus 16.4 while Leh minus 10.4. Kargil was the coldest in the state at minus 18 degrees.
"Another western disturbance on Saturday will result in light to moderate snowfall on Sunday," said Sonam Lotus, director of the local weather office here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing