Dal Lake freezes in sub-zero Kashmir
Srinagar: The Dal Lake was frozen at many palaces and some shikaras (boats) were stuck in the frost Thursday as the maximum temperature in the Kashmir Valley has been below freezing point for last the four days.
The water taps and various water bodies have been frozen and people have to light small fires to defreeze them.
On Thursday morning, the minimum temperature recorded in Srinagar was minus 3.8 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature in Pahalgam was minus 12.1 degrees, Gulmarg recorded minus 16.4 while Leh minus 10.4. Kargil was the coldest in the state at minus 18 degrees.
"Another western disturbance on Saturday will result in light to moderate snowfall on Sunday," said Sonam Lotus, director of the local weather office here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof