Dal Lake freezes in sub-zero Kashmir
Srinagar: The Dal Lake was frozen at many palaces and some shikaras (boats) were stuck in the frost Thursday as the maximum temperature in the Kashmir Valley has been below freezing point for last the four days.
The water taps and various water bodies have been frozen and people have to light small fires to defreeze them.
On Thursday morning, the minimum temperature recorded in Srinagar was minus 3.8 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature in Pahalgam was minus 12.1 degrees, Gulmarg recorded minus 16.4 while Leh minus 10.4. Kargil was the coldest in the state at minus 18 degrees.
"Another western disturbance on Saturday will result in light to moderate snowfall on Sunday," said Sonam Lotus, director of the local weather office here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday