Dal Lake freezes in sub-zero Kashmir
Srinagar: The Dal Lake was frozen at many palaces and some shikaras (boats) were stuck in the frost Thursday as the maximum temperature in the Kashmir Valley has been below freezing point for last the four days.
The water taps and various water bodies have been frozen and people have to light small fires to defreeze them.
On Thursday morning, the minimum temperature recorded in Srinagar was minus 3.8 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature in Pahalgam was minus 12.1 degrees, Gulmarg recorded minus 16.4 while Leh minus 10.4. Kargil was the coldest in the state at minus 18 degrees.
"Another western disturbance on Saturday will result in light to moderate snowfall on Sunday," said Sonam Lotus, director of the local weather office here.
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord