Dal Lake freezes in sub-zero Kashmir
Srinagar: The Dal Lake was frozen at many palaces and some shikaras (boats) were stuck in the frost Thursday as the maximum temperature in the Kashmir Valley has been below freezing point for last the four days.
The water taps and various water bodies have been frozen and people have to light small fires to defreeze them.
On Thursday morning, the minimum temperature recorded in Srinagar was minus 3.8 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature in Pahalgam was minus 12.1 degrees, Gulmarg recorded minus 16.4 while Leh minus 10.4. Kargil was the coldest in the state at minus 18 degrees.
"Another western disturbance on Saturday will result in light to moderate snowfall on Sunday," said Sonam Lotus, director of the local weather office here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police