Dalai Lama visits religious places
Srinagar: Buddhist spiritual leader Dalai Lama, on a six-day visit to Kashmir Valley, today paid obeisance at religous places of different faiths in the city.
Dalai Lama also visited the mausoleum of Shiekh Mohammad Abdullah, the founder of the National Conference and the grandfather of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
He visited Hazaratbal shrine, Gupt-Ganga Shiva temple and gurdawara Chatti Padshahi in the city, an official spokesman said.
The spiritual leader prayed for peace and prosperity in the world, especially in the state, he said.
State`s Tourism and Culture Minister Nawang Rigzin Jora accompanied Dalai Lama to the religious places.
At Abdullah`s mausoleum, Dalai Lama said the Kashmiri leader had shown "genuine concern" for the Tibetan cause.
"Late Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah was a close friend of mine. I met the late leader several times who always showed genuine concern for my cause," the Dalai Lama said.
Dalai Lama appreciated the people of Kashmir for their hospitality.
"I will always remember the warm welcome and excellent hospitality of the people of Kashmir which they have extended to me during the visit," he said.
He said all religions give the message of brotherhood, communal harmony and amity.
At Gurdwara Chatti Padshahi, Dalai Lama was honoured with "saroopa by the grand Granthi", the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical