Dastageer Sahib Shrine fire: Public Notice
Srinagar: A public notice has been issued in Srinagar seeking information from general public about the fire incident that gutted the 200-year-old Dastageer Sahib shrine in the old city last week.
Divisional Commissioner Kashmir Asgar Samoon, who has been appointed as the inquiry officer to probe the cause of the fire, today issued the notice inviting people to recored their statement within one week.
He will start recording statements about the incident from tomorrow.
"... Any individual or organisation having any information of any sort related to the incident, may record their statements in person on all working days within one week or convey relevant information through fax or email," the notice, published in today`s local dailies, read.
The Divisional Commissioner has been appointed as the inquiry officer to ascertain the cause of the fire and the response of the agencies and departments concerned. He has also been tasked with making recommendations for safeguarding shrines, religious structures and heritage buildings.
The Dastageer Sahib shrine at Khanyar, constructed as a tribute to 11th century preacher Syed Abdul Qadir Geelani, was gutted in a fire incident on Monday, leading to violent protests in some parts of the city that left over 50 people including 11 policemen injured.
While ordering the inquiry to be completed within one week, authorities have also imposed restrictions on the movement of people in downtown city for four consecutive days till last Friday to maintain law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'