Dastgeer Sahib fire: J&K Guv expresses grief
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Monday expressed grief over the fire incident that gutted the 200-year-old shrine of Dastageer Sahib in the old city here.
"Governor Vohra was deeply saddened to learn about the serious damage caused by fire to the historical shrine of Dastgeer Sahib", an official spokesman said.
The spokesman said the Governor expressed "relief that the holy relics kept in this shrine are safe and secure".
State Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather and Agriculture Minister Ghulam Hassan Mir also expressed their "grief and shock" over the fire incident.
Both the ministers expressed "great satisfaction" that the "holy relics" and rare Quranic manuscripts have been saved.
CPI(M) state secretary and MLA Kulgam MY Tarigami also expressed his "profound shock and grief" over the fire incident, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...