Dastgeer Sahib fire: J&K Guv expresses grief
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Monday expressed grief over the fire incident that gutted the 200-year-old shrine of Dastageer Sahib in the old city here.
"Governor Vohra was deeply saddened to learn about the serious damage caused by fire to the historical shrine of Dastgeer Sahib", an official spokesman said.
The spokesman said the Governor expressed "relief that the holy relics kept in this shrine are safe and secure".
State Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather and Agriculture Minister Ghulam Hassan Mir also expressed their "grief and shock" over the fire incident.
Both the ministers expressed "great satisfaction" that the "holy relics" and rare Quranic manuscripts have been saved.
CPI(M) state secretary and MLA Kulgam MY Tarigami also expressed his "profound shock and grief" over the fire incident, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday