De-escalate tension along LoC: Farooq to India, Pak
Srinagar: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah Wednesday said both India and Pakistan should de-escalate tension along the LoC and the International border in Jammu and Kashmir to enable people live peacefully.
"We want to see silent borders and are hopeful both the countries will de-escalate tension so that the people can live peacefully," the Union minister told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"The cross-border firing brings miseries to the people living on the either side of the divide." he said.
Responding to a question on emergence of a third front in the state, the NC chief said it would have no bearing on his party`s prospects in the coming elections.
"We do not feel any threat (by the formation of the third front). Many such fronts have come up in the past and will continue to come up in future as well," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview