Deal sternly with those behind Kashmir unrest: Pillai
Srinagar: In a clear message to those fomenting violence in Kashmir, the Centre has asked the state to deal "sternly" with the "anti-nationals and vested interests" creating unrest in the valley.
Home Secretary GK Pillai chaired a high-level meeting late last night to review the situation in the Valley during which he asked the officials to ensure that no guilty person
be allowed to go scot-free and efforts should be made to ensure safety of innocent civilians, official sources said today.
The meeting was attended by Jammu and Kashmir DGP Kuldeep Khoda, Special DG CRPF NK Tripathi, Commander of Army`s 15 Corps Lt Gen GS Marwah, Director General of Military Operations Lt Gen AM Verma and senior officials of central security agencies.
He told the officials that anti-national and vested interests were behind the ongoing unrest in the valley and they need to be dealt with sternly, they said.
Pillai asked security agencies to make efforts to nab those people who were responsible for funding the current unrest, sources said.
Earlier, Pillai also met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and reviewed the overall law and order situation.
Pillai assured the chief minister of complete support of the Centre in maintaining peace in the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read