Deal sternly with those behind Kashmir unrest: Pillai
Srinagar: In a clear message to those fomenting violence in Kashmir, the Centre has asked the state to deal "sternly" with the "anti-nationals and vested interests" creating unrest in the valley.
Home Secretary GK Pillai chaired a high-level meeting late last night to review the situation in the Valley during which he asked the officials to ensure that no guilty person
be allowed to go scot-free and efforts should be made to ensure safety of innocent civilians, official sources said today.
The meeting was attended by Jammu and Kashmir DGP Kuldeep Khoda, Special DG CRPF NK Tripathi, Commander of Army`s 15 Corps Lt Gen GS Marwah, Director General of Military Operations Lt Gen AM Verma and senior officials of central security agencies.
He told the officials that anti-national and vested interests were behind the ongoing unrest in the valley and they need to be dealt with sternly, they said.
Pillai asked security agencies to make efforts to nab those people who were responsible for funding the current unrest, sources said.
Earlier, Pillai also met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and reviewed the overall law and order situation.
Pillai assured the chief minister of complete support of the Centre in maintaining peace in the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country