Deal with law-breakers firmly: J&K DGP
Srinagar: The Director General of Jammu and
Kashmir Police Kuldeep Khoda on Saturday asked police officers to
firmly deal with law-breakers.
"We have to ensure that law-abiding people are not
harassed at any cost but law breakers are to be dealt with
firm hand", Khoda said addressing a series of meetings at
district police headquarters in Shopian, Kulgam and Pulwama
districts of South Kashmir.
He reviewed the security scenario in the 3 districts and
stressed on strengthening community policing mechanism by
associating with the public.
The DGP asked the people to ensure people-friendly
policing while dealing with the situations.
He said that peace is pre-requisite for progress and
prosperity of the state and police along with other security
agencies are determined to curb the activities of anti-social
elements who want to disrupt peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?