Death toll in J&K avalanche rises to 3
Srinagar: The death toll in the avalanche
that struck Gurez sector near the Line of Control (LoC) rose to three with search parties recovering the body of a missing
"The body of a person, who went missing after the
avalanche in Kanzalwan area on Monday, has been recovered,"
Two bodies were recovered while two persons were rescued
A civilian vehicle carrying five people, including the
driver, was caught in the avalanche which occurred at around
7:00 PM Monday, on Kanzalwan road in Gurez, 124-km from here.
The bodies of the two persons, hailing from Srinagar, were airlifted to Bandipora town and handed over to their relatives.
The vehicle was carrying a party of the Hindustan
Gurez usually remains cut off from rest of the Valley
due to heavy snowfall during winter.
A massive avalanche had struck the workshop of 109
infantry brigade of Army at Dawar in Gurez area last month
killing 16 soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters