Death toll in J&K avalanche rises to 3
Srinagar: The death toll in the avalanche
that struck Gurez sector near the Line of Control (LoC) rose to three with search parties recovering the body of a missing
"The body of a person, who went missing after the
avalanche in Kanzalwan area on Monday, has been recovered,"
Two bodies were recovered while two persons were rescued
A civilian vehicle carrying five people, including the
driver, was caught in the avalanche which occurred at around
7:00 PM Monday, on Kanzalwan road in Gurez, 124-km from here.
The bodies of the two persons, hailing from Srinagar, were airlifted to Bandipora town and handed over to their relatives.
The vehicle was carrying a party of the Hindustan
Gurez usually remains cut off from rest of the Valley
due to heavy snowfall during winter.
A massive avalanche had struck the workshop of 109
infantry brigade of Army at Dawar in Gurez area last month
killing 16 soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand