Death toll in J&K avalanche rises to 3
Srinagar: The death toll in the avalanche
that struck Gurez sector near the Line of Control (LoC) rose to three with search parties recovering the body of a missing
"The body of a person, who went missing after the
avalanche in Kanzalwan area on Monday, has been recovered,"
Two bodies were recovered while two persons were rescued
A civilian vehicle carrying five people, including the
driver, was caught in the avalanche which occurred at around
7:00 PM Monday, on Kanzalwan road in Gurez, 124-km from here.
The bodies of the two persons, hailing from Srinagar, were airlifted to Bandipora town and handed over to their relatives.
The vehicle was carrying a party of the Hindustan
Gurez usually remains cut off from rest of the Valley
due to heavy snowfall during winter.
A massive avalanche had struck the workshop of 109
infantry brigade of Army at Dawar in Gurez area last month
killing 16 soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Sensex bounces 217 points; Nifty regains 7,800-mark
- Nothing wrong in chanting 'Om'; opposition to Yoga uncalled for: Salma Ansari
- Islamic State urges Ramadan attacks in US, Europe in new audio broadcast
- Meet the graduates! Aryan Khan and Navya Naveli Nanda celebrate freedom like stars—View pics
- Watch: 'Smart' walking stick that can help Parkinson's sufferers regain rhythm!