Death toll in J&K avalanche rises to 3
Srinagar: The death toll in the avalanche
that struck Gurez sector near the Line of Control (LoC) rose to three with search parties recovering the body of a missing
"The body of a person, who went missing after the
avalanche in Kanzalwan area on Monday, has been recovered,"
Two bodies were recovered while two persons were rescued
A civilian vehicle carrying five people, including the
driver, was caught in the avalanche which occurred at around
7:00 PM Monday, on Kanzalwan road in Gurez, 124-km from here.
The bodies of the two persons, hailing from Srinagar, were airlifted to Bandipora town and handed over to their relatives.
The vehicle was carrying a party of the Hindustan
Gurez usually remains cut off from rest of the Valley
due to heavy snowfall during winter.
A massive avalanche had struck the workshop of 109
infantry brigade of Army at Dawar in Gurez area last month
killing 16 soldiers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times