Death toll in J&K avalanche rises to 3
Srinagar: The death toll in the avalanche
that struck Gurez sector near the Line of Control (LoC) rose to three with search parties recovering the body of a missing
"The body of a person, who went missing after the
avalanche in Kanzalwan area on Monday, has been recovered,"
Two bodies were recovered while two persons were rescued
A civilian vehicle carrying five people, including the
driver, was caught in the avalanche which occurred at around
7:00 PM Monday, on Kanzalwan road in Gurez, 124-km from here.
The bodies of the two persons, hailing from Srinagar, were airlifted to Bandipora town and handed over to their relatives.
The vehicle was carrying a party of the Hindustan
Gurez usually remains cut off from rest of the Valley
due to heavy snowfall during winter.
A massive avalanche had struck the workshop of 109
infantry brigade of Army at Dawar in Gurez area last month
killing 16 soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation