Declare Pakistan as `terrorist state`: Kashmiri Pandits to govt
Jammu: An organisation of Kashmiri Pandits
on Friday demanded that India should declare Pakistan as a
"terrorist state" and New Delhi refrain from acting as a
surrogate nation to the United States.
"We demand that the Government of India must declare
Pakistan as a terrorist state and discontinue forthwith its
dialogue with Islamabad," Panun Kashmir chairperson Ajay
Chrungoo told reporters here.
"The American call to India to show patience smacks of
hypocrisy and double standards. It also smacks of deliberate
pressures being exerted on India to toe a line which is only
in the American interests in the region," he said.
"India should not act as a surrogate nation and
demonstrate its resolve to exist as a sovereign state."
"We dismiss and disapprove of the contention of
Government of India to continue dialogue with Pakistan despite
the universal acknowledgment about its neck-deep involvement
in the international terrorism that has gripped the whole
world," he said.
India has been the worst victim of jihadi terrorism
promoted by Pakistan as an instrument of its foreign policy,
The willingness of the government to continue dialogue
with Pakistan despite the global outrage caused due to the
latter`s involvement in acting as a base for international
terrorism will further strengthen radical jihadi forces in
India, he claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!