Declare Pakistan as `terrorist state`: Kashmiri Pandits to govt
Jammu: An organisation of Kashmiri Pandits
on Friday demanded that India should declare Pakistan as a
"terrorist state" and New Delhi refrain from acting as a
surrogate nation to the United States.
"We demand that the Government of India must declare
Pakistan as a terrorist state and discontinue forthwith its
dialogue with Islamabad," Panun Kashmir chairperson Ajay
Chrungoo told reporters here.
"The American call to India to show patience smacks of
hypocrisy and double standards. It also smacks of deliberate
pressures being exerted on India to toe a line which is only
in the American interests in the region," he said.
"India should not act as a surrogate nation and
demonstrate its resolve to exist as a sovereign state."
"We dismiss and disapprove of the contention of
Government of India to continue dialogue with Pakistan despite
the universal acknowledgment about its neck-deep involvement
in the international terrorism that has gripped the whole
world," he said.
India has been the worst victim of jihadi terrorism
promoted by Pakistan as an instrument of its foreign policy,
The willingness of the government to continue dialogue
with Pakistan despite the global outrage caused due to the
latter`s involvement in acting as a base for international
terrorism will further strengthen radical jihadi forces in
India, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'