Decomposed body of abducted girl recovered in J&K
Bhaderwah: The decomposed body of a minor girl, who was allegedly abducted by a youth on July 3, was recovered in Bhaderwah belt of Doda district in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, police said.
On the basis of information given by locals, police recovered the semi-naked body of the 10-year-old girl Kajal Devi in bushes near Nalthi Park of the district, they said.
The victim was kidnapped by Tirath Singh of Kauch village on July 3. However, after the family members lodged a complaint against him, police arrested Tirath.
Police claimed that the girl might have been raped by the accused, adding that a case has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok