Decomposed body of abducted girl recovered in J&K
Bhaderwah: The decomposed body of a minor girl, who was allegedly abducted by a youth on July 3, was recovered in Bhaderwah belt of Doda district in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, police said.
On the basis of information given by locals, police recovered the semi-naked body of the 10-year-old girl Kajal Devi in bushes near Nalthi Park of the district, they said.
The victim was kidnapped by Tirath Singh of Kauch village on July 3. However, after the family members lodged a complaint against him, police arrested Tirath.
Police claimed that the girl might have been raped by the accused, adding that a case has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!