Decomposed body of abducted girl recovered in J&K
Bhaderwah: The decomposed body of a minor girl, who was allegedly abducted by a youth on July 3, was recovered in Bhaderwah belt of Doda district in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, police said.
On the basis of information given by locals, police recovered the semi-naked body of the 10-year-old girl Kajal Devi in bushes near Nalthi Park of the district, they said.
The victim was kidnapped by Tirath Singh of Kauch village on July 3. However, after the family members lodged a complaint against him, police arrested Tirath.
Police claimed that the girl might have been raped by the accused, adding that a case has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress