Delhi baby rescued from J&K
New Delhi: A man and his live-in partner have been arrested from Udhampur in Jammu and Kashmir for allegedly kidnapping a one-year-old baby girl from here four days ago, police said on Sunday.
Shyamlal alias Mahender, 25 and Babita, 35, both hailing from village Bhatiwadi Garh in Udhampur and presently living at Jagatpur extension in North Delhi as husband and wife, were arrested from Jammu railway station, a senior police official said.
The girl`s father, on January 8, had complained that his immediate neighbour Mahender`s wife Babita had taken away his daughter on the pretext of buying medicines and to purchase some clothes for the baby but had not returned.
During investigations, police managed to trace Babita`s mobile which was in Jammu. Immediately, a police team rushed to Jammu and arrested the couple and recovered the toddler.
During interrogation, the accused said that they were in a live-in relationship for past few years. Babita has five children from her previous wedlock, but left her family in Udhampur after she came in contact with Mahender.
They came to Delhi three years ago and started living as husband and wife. But they didn`t had any issue. The toddler`s family were their immediate neighbourhood and had good relations.
"As per their plan, Mahender went to Jammu and arranged a rented accommodation and came to back Delhi on January 8. He didn`t came to Jagatpur and called Babita and then fled to Jammu," said Sindhu Pillai, DCP North district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state