Delhi blast: 2 held in Kishtwar for terror e-mail
Jammu: Two youths were arrested in Kishtwar
town on Wednesday and booked for criminal conspiracy among other
charges for their alleged role in sending the terror mail from
Jammu and Kashmir claiming responsibility for the Delhi High
In the first arrests in connection with the email a week
after the blast that could give some definite leads, Shariq
Ahmed and Abid Hussain were picked up by the National
Investigation Agency (NIA), which is probing the attack, and
Jammu and Kashmir Police. 13 people were killed in the
briefcase bomb blast last Wednesday outside the High Court.
Official sources said that investigators decided to
place the two residents of Kishtwar town under arrest after an
early morning operation. The arrested youths are close kins of
two surrendered militants Irshad Ahmed and Farooq Ahmed who
were detained in the email case.
The duo were produced before the Principal District and
Session N L Manhas in Kishtwar district who remanded them in
seven-day Police custody.
"Out of the two, one has sent the email. it is now
confirmed", an official attached with the probe said.
They have been booked under IPC Sections 120-B (criminal
conspiracy), 153-A (Promoting enmity between different groups
on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence,
language, etc., and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of
harmony) and 134-A (attack on government servant on duty).
The two, who were accused of sending the terror email
about an hour after the blast, also faced charges of hacking
of computer system) under section 66 of the Information
The cybercafe from where the email is alleged to have
been sent has also been sealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch