Delhi blast: 2 held in Kishtwar for terror e-mail
Jammu: Two youths were arrested in Kishtwar
town on Wednesday and booked for criminal conspiracy among other
charges for their alleged role in sending the terror mail from
Jammu and Kashmir claiming responsibility for the Delhi High
In the first arrests in connection with the email a week
after the blast that could give some definite leads, Shariq
Ahmed and Abid Hussain were picked up by the National
Investigation Agency (NIA), which is probing the attack, and
Jammu and Kashmir Police. 13 people were killed in the
briefcase bomb blast last Wednesday outside the High Court.
Official sources said that investigators decided to
place the two residents of Kishtwar town under arrest after an
early morning operation. The arrested youths are close kins of
two surrendered militants Irshad Ahmed and Farooq Ahmed who
were detained in the email case.
The duo were produced before the Principal District and
Session N L Manhas in Kishtwar district who remanded them in
seven-day Police custody.
"Out of the two, one has sent the email. it is now
confirmed", an official attached with the probe said.
They have been booked under IPC Sections 120-B (criminal
conspiracy), 153-A (Promoting enmity between different groups
on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence,
language, etc., and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of
harmony) and 134-A (attack on government servant on duty).
The two, who were accused of sending the terror email
about an hour after the blast, also faced charges of hacking
of computer system) under section 66 of the Information
The cybercafe from where the email is alleged to have
been sent has also been sealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says