Delhi blast accused among 2 LeT militants killed in encounter
Srinagar: In a major success, security forces today shot dead two top Lashkar-e-Toiba militants, including an accused in the Delhi High Court blast, during an encounter in Sopore area of Kashmir.
"Two bodies have been recovered from the debris of the house where the militants were hiding. One of them has been identified as Muzammil alias Urfi, the self-styled Divisional Commander of Lashkar," a police spokesman said.
Muzammil was one of the militants wanted in connection with the blast inside the High Court in Delhi last year in which 17 people were killed.
He was also involved in a series of attacks on security forces and civilian killings in north Kashmir, the spokesman said.
The other slain militant has been identified as Abdullah Shaheen, a resident of Pakistan, he said.
Three security force personnel -- an Assistant Sub Inspector of Police, an Army jawan and a CRPF jawan -- were injured in the encounter that began in Chanakhan locality of Sopore, 52 kms from here, in Baramulla district yesterday.
Security forces had cordoned off the Chanakhan locality following information about presence of militants in the area.
The house, in which the militants were hiding, was razed to ground this morning.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate