Delhi blast: All but two detainees released in J&K
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 14:09
  
Srinagar: Except for two men still being questioned in Kishtwar town, no one is in detention in Jammu and Kashmir for last week's Delhi High Court blast, police sources said here on Tuesday.

"Except two people being questioned in Kishtwar town, no other person is being detained in the state in connection with the Delhi blast," a senior police officer told IANS here.

The officer said two Kashmiris detained by Rajasthan Police in Alwar district were also being released. "Their credentials have been found intact and we are expecting their release today," the officer said.

Life in Kishtwar town Monday was affected by a shutdown in protest against the detention of several locals for questioning in connection with the Delhi High Court blast Sep 7 that claimed 13 lives.

A Harkat-ul-Jihadi Islami (HuJI) e-mail sent from a local cyber cafe had claimed responsibility for the Delhi High Court blast, which besides killing 13 people left over 90 injured.

"We are, however, closely coordinating with other investigating agencies in the country to get concrete evidence which would lead to the perpetrators of the heinous crime," the officer said.

IANS


First Published: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 14:09


comments powered by Disqus