Delhi HC blast: Investigators quiz 3 in J&K
New Delhi: Investigators Thursday detained
three persons including a cybercafe owner in Jammu and Kashmir and questioned another in Bihar as they groped for definite leads into the suitcase bomb blast outside Delhi High Court.
Indian Mujahideen(IM) in an email to media houses in
Mumbai and Delhi purportedly from the group also claimed responsibility for yesterday`s terror attack after HuJI made a similar claim perplexing probe agencies who do not rule out a prank. IM claimed HuJI had no role to play in the blast.
Investigators traced the Bangladesh-based terror outfit
Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami(HuJI) email claiming responsibility to
a cybercafe in Kishtwar in J&K and detained its owner
Mehmood Khawja and two others for questioning.
The death toll in the blast that ripped through the
reception complex rose to 12 with a 40-year-old man succumbing
to his injuries at RML Hospital even as the High Court resumed
fullfledged proceedings after tight security checks at the
"We are investigating the email link from Kishtwar
district in connection with the Delhi blast," J and K DGP
Kuldeep Khoda said in Jammu.
The mail from IM was purportedly written by "Chotoo" and
sent from "firstname.lastname@example.org". The mail was received by
the media houses at 12:37 PM today.
"We are examining the email received by the media
houses..about its authenticity and veracity and (we are)
taking it seriously," Secretary (Internal Security) in the
Home Ministry U K Bansal told reporters.
Bansal also said that some information indicating a
Kashmir link with yesterday`s HuJI mail are being pursued with
the help of J and K police.
Security agencies including National Investigation Agency (NIA) are also looking into the IM email but serious apprehensions were being raised whether this was a genuine mail or a prank being played by somebody.
NIA also announced a reward of Rs five lakh for anyone
providing clues about the blast.
In Patna, a man who was arrested on charges of
using a stolen ATM card, is being interrogated by the joint
team led by NIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!