Democratic institutions systematically dismantled in J&K: PDP
Kathua: PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Sunday sought the people`s support in the upcoming polls to uproot the "corrupt dispensation" headed by NC, and set up a new system of justice and equality in Jammu and Kashmir.
He asserted, with the support of the people, PDP was committed to establish a corruption-free, transparent and accountable system of governance in the state so as to ensure that every individual would get equal opportunity of growth.
Addressing a huge rally here, Mufti regretted that since its formation the National Conference-Congress government had systematically dismantled democratic institutions in the state thus depriving people of their democratic rights.
He said the state`s democratic institutions had become the first causality of the wrong policies being propagated by the present dispensation during its over five years` tenure.
Ridiculing claims of the government of taking some steps to "strengthening" panchayati raj institutions in the state, Mufti said such "cosmetic steps" were taken too late.
"Panchayat elections in the state were held in the year 2011, but for the past three years nothing has been done to make panchayats vibrant in Jammu and Kashmir," he said, adding that the government was taking some cosmetic steps at its fag end only to befool the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police