Democratic institutions systematically dismantled in J&K: PDP
Kathua: PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Sunday sought the people`s support in the upcoming polls to uproot the "corrupt dispensation" headed by NC, and set up a new system of justice and equality in Jammu and Kashmir.
He asserted, with the support of the people, PDP was committed to establish a corruption-free, transparent and accountable system of governance in the state so as to ensure that every individual would get equal opportunity of growth.
Addressing a huge rally here, Mufti regretted that since its formation the National Conference-Congress government had systematically dismantled democratic institutions in the state thus depriving people of their democratic rights.
He said the state`s democratic institutions had become the first causality of the wrong policies being propagated by the present dispensation during its over five years` tenure.
Ridiculing claims of the government of taking some steps to "strengthening" panchayati raj institutions in the state, Mufti said such "cosmetic steps" were taken too late.
"Panchayat elections in the state were held in the year 2011, but for the past three years nothing has been done to make panchayats vibrant in Jammu and Kashmir," he said, adding that the government was taking some cosmetic steps at its fag end only to befool the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3