DEO Srinagar for timely completion of electoral rolls revision
Srinagar: Election authorities in Srinagar have asked the government officials to make public aware about the significance of the special revision of electoral rolls for municipal elections and called for timely completion of the exercise.
In a meeting with Srinagar officials yesterday, District Election Officer Srinagar Baseer Ahmad Khan discussed issues related to revision of electoral rolls and them to complete the exercise within the stipulated time span.
Filing of claims and objections can be registered up to October 31, while disposal of claims and objections would be held by December 01, an official spokesman said.
He said that January 1 next year has been set as the qualifying date for the revision process.
Updating of data base, merging of photographs, updating of control tables and printing of supplementary list would be carried out from December 01 to December 31, he said adding, the final publication of electoral rolls shall be made on January 5, 2013.
The meeting was informed that all such persons who will attain an age of 18 on January 1, 2013 will be eligible to apply for inclusion in the electoral rolls.
The Assistant Electoral Registration Officer shall submit weekly consolidated dairy to DEO and conduct inspection of the areas in the respective jurisdiction in every polling station once in a week, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed