Detention a plan to create wedge between communities: APMCC
Jammu: All Parties Migrants Coordination Committee (APMCC) on Wednesday claimed that the "forced detention" of two of its leaders in Ramban district smacked of a conspiracy by the state government to create a wedge between communities.
"The forced detention of the two activists at Ramsoo, in Ramban district, smacked of deeper conspiracy by the state government to create a wedge between the communities," in-charge Kashmir APMCC, Sandeep Bhat, said here today.
APMCC chairman, Vinod Pandit, along with spokesperson, King C Bharti, was detained after they were reportedly trying to visit the newly discovered cave shrine at Krawa village in Banihal, in Ramban.
Bhat, though, said that the two leaders had no intention to visit the recently discovered holy cave of lord Shiva and were on their way to Kashmir.
He termed the detention as "ill conceived" and "illegal" and insisted that it was in violation of fundamental right to move freely.
Bhat added that Pandit along with Bharti was on his way to Kashmir to finalise the forthcoming religious events in various temples when they were stopped at Ramsoo and detained for more than eight hours without any valid reason and were later slapped with charges under different sections.
"The whole episode was a well planned conspiracy of the state government to deny Kashmiri Hindus their fundamental right of freedom of movement and performing their religious activities," Bhat alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!