Development of backward areas a priority, says Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Friday said providing basic amenities to people
in backward and remote areas of the state is on top of his
Balanced development of all areas, especially backward
and remote areas, has been given priority in policy planning
of the government, Omar told a National Conference delegation
led by Javed Ahmed Rana here.
The Chief Minister said the administration has been
sensitized to the need for reaching out to people in remote
and hilly areas and addressing their grievances.
Special attention is being paid to give considerable
fillip to development works in these areas and launch new
The Chief Minister said he is himself monitoring the
pace of various development works underway in the districts
especially in far flung areas through video conferencing.
He said the monitoring cell in his office keeps him
posted with all the progress taking place across the state on
various development projects.
"The physical status and financial spending is being
monitored continuously and wherever necessary, directions for
fast tracking the works are given," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'