Development of backward areas a priority, says Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Friday said providing basic amenities to people
in backward and remote areas of the state is on top of his
Balanced development of all areas, especially backward
and remote areas, has been given priority in policy planning
of the government, Omar told a National Conference delegation
led by Javed Ahmed Rana here.
The Chief Minister said the administration has been
sensitized to the need for reaching out to people in remote
and hilly areas and addressing their grievances.
Special attention is being paid to give considerable
fillip to development works in these areas and launch new
The Chief Minister said he is himself monitoring the
pace of various development works underway in the districts
especially in far flung areas through video conferencing.
He said the monitoring cell in his office keeps him
posted with all the progress taking place across the state on
various development projects.
"The physical status and financial spending is being
monitored continuously and wherever necessary, directions for
fast tracking the works are given," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional