Devotees continue to pour in for Amarnath Yatra
Jammu: A batch of over 1,000 devotees on Thursday left the Jammu base camp here to pay obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
As many as 1,061 pilgrims left the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here today to pay obeisance at the holy ice lingam, police officials said, adding that the 21st batch consisted of 742 men, 233 women and 15 children, besides 71 priests.
They said that a convoy of 33 vehicles, carrying the devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at around 5:45 AM.
With today`s batch, a total of 41,673 pilgrims have left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'