Devotees continue to pour in for Amarnath Yatra
Jammu: A batch of over 1,000 devotees on Thursday left the Jammu base camp here to pay obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
As many as 1,061 pilgrims left the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here today to pay obeisance at the holy ice lingam, police officials said, adding that the 21st batch consisted of 742 men, 233 women and 15 children, besides 71 priests.
They said that a convoy of 33 vehicles, carrying the devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at around 5:45 AM.
With today`s batch, a total of 41,673 pilgrims have left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened