Devotees continue to pour in for Amarnath Yatra
Jammu: A batch of over 1,000 devotees on Thursday left the Jammu base camp here to pay obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
As many as 1,061 pilgrims left the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here today to pay obeisance at the holy ice lingam, police officials said, adding that the 21st batch consisted of 742 men, 233 women and 15 children, besides 71 priests.
They said that a convoy of 33 vehicles, carrying the devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at around 5:45 AM.
With today`s batch, a total of 41,673 pilgrims have left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city