Devotees continue to pour in for Amarnath Yatra
Jammu: A batch of over 1,000 devotees on Thursday left the Jammu base camp here to pay obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
As many as 1,061 pilgrims left the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here today to pay obeisance at the holy ice lingam, police officials said, adding that the 21st batch consisted of 742 men, 233 women and 15 children, besides 71 priests.
They said that a convoy of 33 vehicles, carrying the devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at around 5:45 AM.
With today`s batch, a total of 41,673 pilgrims have left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet