Devotees continue to pour in for Amarnath Yatra
Jammu: A batch of over 1,000 devotees on Thursday left the Jammu base camp here to pay obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
As many as 1,061 pilgrims left the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here today to pay obeisance at the holy ice lingam, police officials said, adding that the 21st batch consisted of 742 men, 233 women and 15 children, besides 71 priests.
They said that a convoy of 33 vehicles, carrying the devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at around 5:45 AM.
With today`s batch, a total of 41,673 pilgrims have left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you