DFP to protest if Shabir Shah not provided medical aid
Srinagar: Democratic Freedom Party on Sunday said
it would launch public protests if its leader and separatist
Shabir Ahmad Shah was not provided medical aid and shifted to
Srinagar Central jail.
"Shah is seriously ill in Kathua jail. His kidneys have
suffered damage and need immediate medical attention. If he is
not provided medicare and shifted to Srinagar Central Jail
immediately we will be forced to come out on the streets,"
acting party president Maulana Mohammad Abdullah Tari told
reporters here today.
Shah was arrested on February 3 and the public safety
act was slapped on him for allegedly inciting the youth to
Tari said the state High Court had in an order on
February 26 directed directed the government to shift Shah
from Kathua to Srinagar Central jail and alleged it was
flouting the order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users