DFP to protest if Shabir Shah not provided medical aid
Srinagar: Democratic Freedom Party on Sunday said
it would launch public protests if its leader and separatist
Shabir Ahmad Shah was not provided medical aid and shifted to
Srinagar Central jail.
"Shah is seriously ill in Kathua jail. His kidneys have
suffered damage and need immediate medical attention. If he is
not provided medicare and shifted to Srinagar Central Jail
immediately we will be forced to come out on the streets,"
acting party president Maulana Mohammad Abdullah Tari told
reporters here today.
Shah was arrested on February 3 and the public safety
act was slapped on him for allegedly inciting the youth to
Tari said the state High Court had in an order on
February 26 directed directed the government to shift Shah
from Kathua to Srinagar Central jail and alleged it was
flouting the order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends