DGCA to probe chopper`s emergency landing in Vaishnodevi hills
Jammu: Director General Civil Aviation (DGCA) will be conducting a probe into the emergency landing of a Pawan Hans helicopter in Trikuta hills in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, in which seven persons including a pilot were injured on Sunday.
A two-member inquiry team of DGCA is reaching Katra (base camp of Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine) tomorrow to probe the matter, Raj Bhawan Spokesman said tonight.
Complying with the directions of Governor N N Vohra, who is also chairman of Shri Mata Vaishnidevi Shrine Board, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Board Naveen Choudhary wrote to DGCA to take immediate cognisance of the incident and commence a time-bound inquiry, he said.
Following which, the DGCA ordered a probe into the matter, the spokesman said.
A Pawan Hans helicopter with 6 pilgrims was returning from Sanjtichat-based helipad and made an emergency landing at Salal-Dabri area after the pilot detected a technical snag after take-off, he said.
During the emergency landing around 12:10 pm, the helicopter tilted due to non-availability of proper space resulting in injuries 7 people including the pilot.
The Shrine Board officials, a medical team, ambulances of the Board and the state health department and Katra Police immediately rushed to the site, Choudhary said.
The pilot and two others were brought to Katra Hospital in a rescue Helicopter, he said adding, ambulances were used to take the other pilgrims to the hospital.
Four persons were referred to the Government Medical College (GMC), Jammu for further treatment, he said.
"They were rushed to GMC, where doctors have declared their condition as stable and out of danger," he said.
The injured pilot was later taken to the Command Hospital Udhampur, Choudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt