DGCA to probe chopper`s emergency landing in Vaishnodevi hills
Jammu: Director General Civil Aviation (DGCA) will be conducting a probe into the emergency landing of a Pawan Hans helicopter in Trikuta hills in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, in which seven persons including a pilot were injured on Sunday.
A two-member inquiry team of DGCA is reaching Katra (base camp of Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine) tomorrow to probe the matter, Raj Bhawan Spokesman said tonight.
Complying with the directions of Governor N N Vohra, who is also chairman of Shri Mata Vaishnidevi Shrine Board, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Board Naveen Choudhary wrote to DGCA to take immediate cognisance of the incident and commence a time-bound inquiry, he said.
Following which, the DGCA ordered a probe into the matter, the spokesman said.
A Pawan Hans helicopter with 6 pilgrims was returning from Sanjtichat-based helipad and made an emergency landing at Salal-Dabri area after the pilot detected a technical snag after take-off, he said.
During the emergency landing around 12:10 pm, the helicopter tilted due to non-availability of proper space resulting in injuries 7 people including the pilot.
The Shrine Board officials, a medical team, ambulances of the Board and the state health department and Katra Police immediately rushed to the site, Choudhary said.
The pilot and two others were brought to Katra Hospital in a rescue Helicopter, he said adding, ambulances were used to take the other pilgrims to the hospital.
Four persons were referred to the Government Medical College (GMC), Jammu for further treatment, he said.
"They were rushed to GMC, where doctors have declared their condition as stable and out of danger," he said.
The injured pilot was later taken to the Command Hospital Udhampur, Choudhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door