Dialogue could solve Kashmir issue: Gilani
Islamabad: The Kashmir issue can be resolved through "dialogue and negotiations" and war is not a solution to disputes, Pakistan`s Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has said.
Gilani said that Pakistan wants to have good relations with its neighbours and stressed that war was not a solution to disputes a Pakistani news agency reported.
The prime minister was addressing a public meeting at Shakargah city in Punjab province Sunday.
He said he had many times met Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and told him that all bilateral issues, including Kashmir, could be resolved through dialogue and not through war.
The Prime Minister said: "Pakistan wants a permanent and lasting solution to the Kashmir issue through dialogue and negotiations."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'