Didn`t pay money to Omar, Farooq: NC worker Bhatt
Srinagar: National Conference worker Mohammad
Yousuf Bhatt, who said he had allegedly paid Rs 84 lakh to his
party colleague Syed Mohammad Yousuf for a berth as MLC, on Friday
claimed he did not pay any money to either Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah or Union Minister Farooq Abdullah.
"I paid money to Syed Yousuf but I cannot say that it was
for Omar Abdullah or Dr Farooq. It is a fact I paid money to
Syed Yousuf for getting MLC berth," Bhatt was quoted as saying
by a local news agency.
Bhatt was one of the three persons summoned by the Chief
Minister on September 29 to his residence in connection with
allegations of political pay-offs but had not spoken to media
following death of Yousuf, who was accused of taking money
from him and another person, Abdul Salam Reshi.
Bhat declined to comment on the events that transpired at
Chief Minister`s residence when Omar had summoned the
deceased, Reshi and him.
"Whatever I have to say I will say before judicial
commission. People know what truth is," he said without
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan