Didn`t pay money to Omar, Farooq: NC worker Bhatt
Srinagar: National Conference worker Mohammad
Yousuf Bhatt, who said he had allegedly paid Rs 84 lakh to his
party colleague Syed Mohammad Yousuf for a berth as MLC, on Friday
claimed he did not pay any money to either Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah or Union Minister Farooq Abdullah.
"I paid money to Syed Yousuf but I cannot say that it was
for Omar Abdullah or Dr Farooq. It is a fact I paid money to
Syed Yousuf for getting MLC berth," Bhatt was quoted as saying
by a local news agency.
Bhatt was one of the three persons summoned by the Chief
Minister on September 29 to his residence in connection with
allegations of political pay-offs but had not spoken to media
following death of Yousuf, who was accused of taking money
from him and another person, Abdul Salam Reshi.
Bhat declined to comment on the events that transpired at
Chief Minister`s residence when Omar had summoned the
deceased, Reshi and him.
"Whatever I have to say I will say before judicial
commission. People know what truth is," he said without
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka