Didn`t pay money to Omar, Farooq: NC worker Bhatt
Srinagar: National Conference worker Mohammad
Yousuf Bhatt, who said he had allegedly paid Rs 84 lakh to his
party colleague Syed Mohammad Yousuf for a berth as MLC, on Friday
claimed he did not pay any money to either Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah or Union Minister Farooq Abdullah.
"I paid money to Syed Yousuf but I cannot say that it was
for Omar Abdullah or Dr Farooq. It is a fact I paid money to
Syed Yousuf for getting MLC berth," Bhatt was quoted as saying
by a local news agency.
Bhatt was one of the three persons summoned by the Chief
Minister on September 29 to his residence in connection with
allegations of political pay-offs but had not spoken to media
following death of Yousuf, who was accused of taking money
from him and another person, Abdul Salam Reshi.
Bhat declined to comment on the events that transpired at
Chief Minister`s residence when Omar had summoned the
deceased, Reshi and him.
"Whatever I have to say I will say before judicial
commission. People know what truth is," he said without
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday