Diet chart for Amarnath pilgrims
Jammu: Pilgrims undertaking the arduous trek
to the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas will
be served food by community kitchens according to a standard
diet chart prepared by the Shrine Board.
Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) has prescribed a
standard diet chart to be followed from this year by community
kitchens that serve food to lakhs of pilgrims visiting the
3,888-meter high cave shrine.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra, who is chairman of
SASB, told a 16-member delegation of the representatives of
the Shri Amarnath Barfani Langar Organisation (SABLO) about
the diet plan.
Over 6 lakh pilgrims visited cave shrine in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened