DM Srinagar imposes prohibitory orders for 2 months
Srinagar: The District Magistrate today imposed prohibitory orders under Section 144 CrPC, which bans assembly of five or more persons without prior permission, within the territorial jurisdiction in the Srinagar for two months.
"The District Magistrate, Srinagar imposed restrictions under Section 144 CrPC on the assembly of five or more persons within the territorial limits of District Srinagar," an official spokesman said.
He said, however, these restrictions would not be applicable to government functions, marriage ceremonies, funerals, cremations and examinations.
"Besides, these restrictions will also not be applicable at Sehri and Iftaar timings during the month of Ramadan," the spokesman said.
The district administration had imposed restrictions following 2010 summer agitation and has been extending these from time to time to prevent separatists and other subversive elements from disturbing the law and order in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab