DM Srinagar imposes prohibitory orders for 2 months
Srinagar: The District Magistrate today imposed prohibitory orders under Section 144 CrPC, which bans assembly of five or more persons without prior permission, within the territorial jurisdiction in the Srinagar for two months.
"The District Magistrate, Srinagar imposed restrictions under Section 144 CrPC on the assembly of five or more persons within the territorial limits of District Srinagar," an official spokesman said.
He said, however, these restrictions would not be applicable to government functions, marriage ceremonies, funerals, cremations and examinations.
"Besides, these restrictions will also not be applicable at Sehri and Iftaar timings during the month of Ramadan," the spokesman said.
The district administration had imposed restrictions following 2010 summer agitation and has been extending these from time to time to prevent separatists and other subversive elements from disturbing the law and order in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued