DM Srinagar imposes prohibitory orders for 2 months
Srinagar: The District Magistrate today imposed prohibitory orders under Section 144 CrPC, which bans assembly of five or more persons without prior permission, within the territorial jurisdiction in the Srinagar for two months.
"The District Magistrate, Srinagar imposed restrictions under Section 144 CrPC on the assembly of five or more persons within the territorial limits of District Srinagar," an official spokesman said.
He said, however, these restrictions would not be applicable to government functions, marriage ceremonies, funerals, cremations and examinations.
"Besides, these restrictions will also not be applicable at Sehri and Iftaar timings during the month of Ramadan," the spokesman said.
The district administration had imposed restrictions following 2010 summer agitation and has been extending these from time to time to prevent separatists and other subversive elements from disturbing the law and order in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer