Do not politicise incidents involving Kashmiris: Omar
Jammu: Lashing out at those giving political colour to every incident involving Kashmiris, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said it creates a negative impact on the mindset of the people.
"There are people here who want to give political colour to everything. In Hyderabad a boy (Mudassir Kamran) commits suicide on personal reasons and in Kashmir it is tried to be analysed in a different way. As if he was murdered," Omar said.
Kamran, a Kashmiri student, was found hanging from the ceiling of his hostel room in Hyderabad last month.
Omar along with Union Minister of Rural Development Jairam Ramesh was here today to distribute offer letters to the trainees under the centrally sponsored `Himayat` scheme at a Valedictory function organised at Jammu University.
Pointing out at the another incident in Bangalore, in which some boys from Kashmir were beaten up, Omar said," Recently in Bangalore, the fight took place because they (Kahsmiri boys) were making fun of children from Bihar, if they would not have been doing that probably the incident would not have taken place".
But, "Some of our people here tried to give it a different colour -- these children were from Kashmir, they were racially profiled and wherever they go they are beaten."
"To say that these children were from Kashmir and that is why they were beaten is totally wrong," Omar said.
The CM added such statements were having a negative impact on the mindset of people who think of moving out of the state for various purposes.
"The result is that our people who think of moving out of the state, they start thinking again on their decision. We will have to take some prevention in this regard. Every incident cannot be given political colour," Omar said.
He, however, reiterated that people from other states should not see Kashmiris through the prism of terrorism.
"In every Internal Security conference, I request my counterparts from other states to please don`t see every citizen of Jammu and Kashmir through the prism of terrorism." Omar said.
"Every citizen of Jammu and Kashmir is not terrorist. He does not come (to your state) with the intention of attack. If they come, they come under compulsion or for their benefit," he reiterated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’