Doda earthquake: Army comes to rescue of Bhaderwah
Jammu: Army units stationed at quake-hit Bhaderwah area of Doda district are extending help to the families rendered homeless due to the earthquake that hit the area on May 1.
"Army is trying hard to provide help to local residents facilitating them with essential supplies like drinking water and tent accommodation," a Defence spokesperson said.
"They are sharing their own field equipment with the families and are sharing their living space to create temporary accommodation for the people of Bhaderwah," he said.
An earthquake measuring 5.7 on Richter scale struck Bhaderwah and adjoining areas of the state on May 1, killing two persons and injuring nearly 70, besides rendering many people homeless.
Fresh tremors of low intensity, 19th in a week, shook Bhaderwah valley and adjoining areas, again today.
So far, troops have provided 25 tents to locals, besides transporting patients to sub-divisional hospital and constituting medical teams to assist victims in far-flung areas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed