Don`t be afraid of opposing winds, Farooq tells Rahul, Omar
Srinagar: Union Minister for Renewable Energy and former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah Thursday had a piece of advice for both Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi and his son and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
He advised Rahul Gandhi and Omar Abdullah to stand steadfast in the face of opposition and criticism.
"Don`t be afraid of opposing winds. These always blow to raise you higher. You must face opposition with fortitude. The enemies of peace and progress will always be there, but you have to face them with strength and fortitude," the elder Abdullah told the two at Sonamarg.
Welcoming Rahul Gandhi at the foundation stone-laying ceremony of the Z-Morh tunnel in Sonamarg area of north Kashmir`s Ganderbal district, Farooq Abdullah said he recalled how his father, Sheikh Abdullah, and Rahul Gandhi`s grandfather, Pandit Nehru, had joined hands to make Kashmir the crown and glory of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it