Don`t hesitate to go out and explore avenues: Omar asks youths
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday asked the people not to hesitate in taking up jobs outside the state, saying his government seeks to coordinate with its counterparts to ensure that they get a conducive environment which can help them realise their goals.
The Chief Minister, who was speaking at a function to offer placement letters to `Himayat` trainees in Pampore, some 14 kms from here, asked the trained youths to try to explore new avenues and prove their mettle wherever they get a chance.
Omar also sought a change in perception about Kashmiri youth prevailing among some people.
"I have emphasised the need for changing the mindset about Kashmiri youth prevailing among some people outside the state," he said, noting these people are out there to earn a respectable livelihood, pursue educational goals and conduct trade and business.
The Chief Minister said his government is committed to ensure palatable and conducive environment for students, traders and employees of the state to help them pursue their goals in other parts of the country.
He pressed for coordination among various executive stakeholders, and said he has already talked to Prime Minister, Union Home Minister and Chief Ministers of all states in this regard.
The government will be in continuous touch with other states for the purpose, besides keeping being in contact with people of Jammu and Kashmir working outside the state, he said.
The Chief Minister asked the youths to grab opportunities of gainful employment in private companies under `Himayat` and `Udaan` programmes.
Despite government`s intension to absorb over 70,000 people in government service within next couple of years, the job market for another three lakh unemployed young people have to be created and find out in the private sector, he said.
Answer to unemployment crisis does not lye in government jobs because there are not so much vacancies and avenues in government departments to absorb all the unemployed educated youth, whose number is over four lakh at present, he said.
"There is already heavy pressure on state`s exchequer. We have total annual income of Rs. 6500 crore by all means and on providing salaries alone to government employees we have to incur Rs 13,500 crore annually. This can give the financial health status of the state," he said.
"Exhibit your confidence, have trust in your ability and spread all over India to be important part in the economic development and earning gainful livelihood," he said.
Omar said Himayat and Udaan introduced in Jammu and Kashmir aim at ensuring employment of state youth in various companies within and outside the state, besides providing them necessary training and skill upgrading.
"You have to come forward in large numbers to utilise the golden opportunity," he said, terming Himayat and Udaan are right initiative in this direction.
He said the Centrally-sponsored `Umeed` scheme is of significant importance towards ensuring organised development of women particularly in rural areas and upgrade their economic and social status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation