Don`t just ride bikes, make them too: India Inc to Kashmir students
Srinagar: The sight of one mobike after another from the Bajaj Auto stable as he left Srinagar airport prompted its boss Rajiv Bajaj on Friday to ask Kashmiri students to be just not bike enthusiasts but be also involved in its production.
As students of Kashmir university spoke of lack of job opportunities for them during an interactive session with a top business delegation, the industrialists promised to pave the way for job openings by offering internships and exchange programmes.
The internships were offered by Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata and HDFC chairman Deepak Parekh who along with Bajaj and Aditya Birla group chief Kumar Manglam Birla were part of a delegation brought by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on his two-day visit to Kashmir.
"The first four bikes I saw as I left the airport were Bajaj Pulsar motorcycles and was happy they are used in a big way but I want you to come to our factories and make Pulsars too," Bajaj said.
One girl student said they want the captains of the Indian industry to ignite the spark in them.
Responding to this, Tata offered internship for students of Kashmir University at the Tata group firms which could lead to permanent employment.
Stipends will also be provided, he added.
"The industry has not looked consciously at the wealth and capabilities in Kashmir. We need to correct that and savour the capability of people in Kashmir," he said.
Parekh also offered internship for students of the University in his bank besides providing banking skills after graduation that could earn them a certificate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?