Don`t raise issues that can fan communal passion: Gul to MLAs
Srinagar: Speaker of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly Mubarak Gul on Monday cautioned the members against raising issues in the house that can fan communal passion and damage the integrity of the country.
"None of the members will be allowed to raise issues concerning communal passion, against mutual brotherhood and damaging the integrity of the country," Gul said chairing a meeting of the Business Advisory Committee in his office chamber here.
The Speaker said equal opportunities will be given to each political party to raise issues of public interest during the nine-day session.
He appealed the members to highlight issues of social, economic and developmental nature besides other important issues for detailed discussion during the course of the session.
Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand, Agriculture Minister Ghulam Hassan Mir, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Mir Saifullah, Deputy Speaker, Legislative Assembly, Mohammad Sartaj Madni, legislators - Prof Chaman Lal Gupta, Hareshdev Singh, M Y Tarigami, A R Veeri, Hakeem Mohammad Yasin, Tsetan Namgyal, Ashok Khajuria and Ashwani Kumar Sharma - attended the meeting and gave their suggestions on conduct of the proceedings of the House in a cordial manner, an official spokesman said.
"These parties assured the Speaker that they will give their full cooperation in smooth running of the House," he said.
The spokesman said threadbare discussion was held on various issues related to the Business of the House.
Discussing the issue of conducting of Zero Hour without any disruption, the Speaker said during the Zero Hour the members highlight issues of immediate concern to the public and as such it should be ensured that officers of all major departments are present in the Officers Gallery and take note of the highlighted problem for immediate redress.
The Speaker said though it is a short session, he will try his best with the support and cooperation from the members to utilise the time effectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed