Don`t sideline Kashmir issue: Geelani to India, Pak
Srinagar: Hardline faction of Hurriyat
Conference on Friday cautioned India and Pakistan against
sidelining Kashmir issue, saying "peace, development and
prosperity in the sub-continent is linked with resolution of
the long standing issue."
"Kashmiris are the well wishers of both the countries
and understand that peace will elude the region till the final
settlement of Kashmir issue," Hurriyat Chairman Syed Ali Shah
Geelani said addressing a public meeting at Humhama near
"We caution Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan
against ignoring Kashmir during their cricket diplomacy as
only resolution of this issue will lead to trust among the two
nations and peace in the South Asian region," Geelani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing