DoP launches e-post, fax post services in in J&K
Jammu: The Department of Posts today launched e-Post and fax post services in Jammu and Kashmir for transmission and delivery of greetings and messages.
The new services were launched by Minister for Finance and Ladakh Affairs, Abdul Rahim Rather, during a function at Gandhi Nagar Head Post Office here.
Rather sent message to all the Postmasters of the state mentioning that such services will prove a boon for the rural areas, to inaugurate the new service.
The Minister, on the occasion, also released J&K Postal Circle`s Calendar for the financial year 2013-2014 depicting the rich diversity and beauty of state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Lauding the steps taken by Department of Posts for improving the postal services in the state under Chief Postmaster General John Samuel, Rather said: "Since Samuel has taken the command of Postal establishment in Jammu and Kashmir things in the Department has changed rapidly."
"He has infused a new sense of enthusiasm among the postal employees which is quite evident from visible change in their working," Rather said.
The Minister appreciated the steps taken by Department of Posts, J&K Circle, in making J&K a financially inclusive state adding that Post Offices have wider reach than the banks and hence play an active role in the financial development of people living in the state.
"It is impressive that Department of Posts have achieved target of 100 per cent Financial Inclusion in 150 villages in the state and achieving 35 per cent growth which is highest in the country despite being a small state," he said.
Samuel, meanwhile, said that DoP, J&K Circle, was making an extra effort for brining Post Offices closer to people.
Briefing about the new services, the Chief PMG said that through e-POST, customers can send their greetings and messages to any address in state and country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing