DoP launches e-post, fax post services in in J&K
Jammu: The Department of Posts today launched e-Post and fax post services in Jammu and Kashmir for transmission and delivery of greetings and messages.
The new services were launched by Minister for Finance and Ladakh Affairs, Abdul Rahim Rather, during a function at Gandhi Nagar Head Post Office here.
Rather sent message to all the Postmasters of the state mentioning that such services will prove a boon for the rural areas, to inaugurate the new service.
The Minister, on the occasion, also released J&K Postal Circle`s Calendar for the financial year 2013-2014 depicting the rich diversity and beauty of state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Lauding the steps taken by Department of Posts for improving the postal services in the state under Chief Postmaster General John Samuel, Rather said: "Since Samuel has taken the command of Postal establishment in Jammu and Kashmir things in the Department has changed rapidly."
"He has infused a new sense of enthusiasm among the postal employees which is quite evident from visible change in their working," Rather said.
The Minister appreciated the steps taken by Department of Posts, J&K Circle, in making J&K a financially inclusive state adding that Post Offices have wider reach than the banks and hence play an active role in the financial development of people living in the state.
"It is impressive that Department of Posts have achieved target of 100 per cent Financial Inclusion in 150 villages in the state and achieving 35 per cent growth which is highest in the country despite being a small state," he said.
Samuel, meanwhile, said that DoP, J&K Circle, was making an extra effort for brining Post Offices closer to people.
Briefing about the new services, the Chief PMG said that through e-POST, customers can send their greetings and messages to any address in state and country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks