DoP launches e-post, fax post services in in J&K
Jammu: The Department of Posts today launched e-Post and fax post services in Jammu and Kashmir for transmission and delivery of greetings and messages.
The new services were launched by Minister for Finance and Ladakh Affairs, Abdul Rahim Rather, during a function at Gandhi Nagar Head Post Office here.
Rather sent message to all the Postmasters of the state mentioning that such services will prove a boon for the rural areas, to inaugurate the new service.
The Minister, on the occasion, also released J&K Postal Circle`s Calendar for the financial year 2013-2014 depicting the rich diversity and beauty of state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Lauding the steps taken by Department of Posts for improving the postal services in the state under Chief Postmaster General John Samuel, Rather said: "Since Samuel has taken the command of Postal establishment in Jammu and Kashmir things in the Department has changed rapidly."
"He has infused a new sense of enthusiasm among the postal employees which is quite evident from visible change in their working," Rather said.
The Minister appreciated the steps taken by Department of Posts, J&K Circle, in making J&K a financially inclusive state adding that Post Offices have wider reach than the banks and hence play an active role in the financial development of people living in the state.
"It is impressive that Department of Posts have achieved target of 100 per cent Financial Inclusion in 150 villages in the state and achieving 35 per cent growth which is highest in the country despite being a small state," he said.
Samuel, meanwhile, said that DoP, J&K Circle, was making an extra effort for brining Post Offices closer to people.
Briefing about the new services, the Chief PMG said that through e-POST, customers can send their greetings and messages to any address in state and country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued