Drabu named on PDP`s Assembly polls `manifesto committee`
Srinagar: Economist Haseeb Drabu, who recently joined opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has been named on the party`s nine-member committee, tasked to draft the manifesto for the forthcoming Assembly Elections in Jammu and Kashmir.
The `manifesto committee` was constituted at the meeting of PDP`s political affairs committee held under the chairmanship of party patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed here yesterday, a PDP spokesman said Tuesday.
PDP Lok Sabha member from Baramulla has been nominated as chairman of the committee while Srinagar MP Tariq Hameed Kara, S Rangeel Singh, Drabu, Rafeeq Hussain Khan, A R Veeri, Naeem Akhtar, Zaffar Manhas and Firdous Tak will be its members.
"The committee has been tasked to prepare a draft manifesto for the party for approval after consultations," the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, the party has also announced candidates for four more assembly segments.
Former Forest Minister G M Sofi will contest on PDP ticket from Handwara, Harmesh Salathia from Vijaypur, Daman Bhasin from Jammu West and Shafiq-ur-Rehman from Mahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling