Drabu named on PDP`s Assembly polls `manifesto committee`
Srinagar: Economist Haseeb Drabu, who recently joined opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has been named on the party`s nine-member committee, tasked to draft the manifesto for the forthcoming Assembly Elections in Jammu and Kashmir.
The `manifesto committee` was constituted at the meeting of PDP`s political affairs committee held under the chairmanship of party patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed here yesterday, a PDP spokesman said Tuesday.
PDP Lok Sabha member from Baramulla has been nominated as chairman of the committee while Srinagar MP Tariq Hameed Kara, S Rangeel Singh, Drabu, Rafeeq Hussain Khan, A R Veeri, Naeem Akhtar, Zaffar Manhas and Firdous Tak will be its members.
"The committee has been tasked to prepare a draft manifesto for the party for approval after consultations," the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, the party has also announced candidates for four more assembly segments.
Former Forest Minister G M Sofi will contest on PDP ticket from Handwara, Harmesh Salathia from Vijaypur, Daman Bhasin from Jammu West and Shafiq-ur-Rehman from Mahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra